Wednesday 27 January 2010

Praying like Habakkuk......

I have just returned from two amazing days in Peterborough. I travelled with Steve Cornford, Reuben Lyons and Luke Williams from the team at TKC and we joined with about 800 leaders from across the UK (and even across the world) for two days of worship, prayer and fasting. They were incredible days!

A couple of weeks ago I preached at TKC from Habakkuk 3 v 2 where Habakkuk prays:

"Lord, I have heard of your fame;
I stand in awe of your deeds, o Lord.
Renew them in our day,
in our time make them known;
in wrath remember mercy."

I feel stirred to adopt this prayer of Habaukkuk in 2010. What we need, more than anything else, is for God to do in our day what he has done in other places and at other times in history.

Being with 800 leaders this morning, calling out to God for him to bring fresh revival to the UK was humbling and inspiring, a privilege and a provocation. I cannot remember being in such an environment, where there was such hunger for God to come again. The passionate prayers of hundreds of people has left me envisioned again to keep reading, keep praying and keep believing God that there's much more for us to see.


With this in mind, I bought a copy of "The Ulster Awakening" by John Weir. An account of the amazing move of God in 1859. I want to keep feeding on stories of what God has done before becase I genuinely believe that he will do it again. Let's pray like Habakkuk prayed...
"Oh God, will you do it again"
This coming Sunday (31 January) I will be preaching at King's Church, Uckfield.

No comments:

Post a Comment